cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JYoder
Level 3

.NET 4.0 Prerequisite

We want to include .NET 4.0 Prerequisite (Full, not Client) with our installation. There are 3 options in your redistributables...

1) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full (Web Download)
2) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full Update KB2468871
3) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full

I assume #3 includes it with the setup, which we don't want, so I'd want #1, for each user to download. But I'm confused by #2.

Is #2 an updated version of #1, so I only need to check it? Or is it a patch for #1, in which case, am I supposed to check both?

Also, it's my understanding that the user needs Admin privileges to install the .NET Framework. For users that aren't, assuming the prerequisite fails, will the setup continue and finish installing it's files?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
JYoder
Level 3

Hello? Is this forum not moderated by InstallShield employees who can help?
0 Kudos
Shekar
Level 7

# 2 is the updated patch version of #1. You need to condition the prerequisite if you do not want setup to continue if .Net 4.0 is not installed.

JYoder wrote:
We want to include .NET 4.0 Prerequisite (Full, not Client) with our installation. There are 3 options in your redistributables...

1) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full (Web Download)
2) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full Update KB2468871
3) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full

I assume #3 includes it with the setup, which we don't want, so I'd want #1, for each user to download. But I'm confused by #2.

Is #2 an updated version of #1, so I only need to check it? Or is it a patch for #1, in which case, am I supposed to check both?

Also, it's my understanding that the user needs Admin privileges to install the .NET Framework. For users that aren't, assuming the prerequisite fails, will the setup continue and finish installing it's files?
0 Kudos
Daniel_Vatier
Level 3

If .NETFX4 is not installed you need to install it first, then the update.
0 Kudos
chriscw
Level 6

We install option 3 so that users can install our product even if they do not have an internet connection.
0 Kudos