cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robipete
Level 2

help with icon setting in IS2012, not working as expected

I just installed and registered IS2012 in VS2012 and did exactly the steps in the howto video. The icon setting in the Application Information page is the default setting, ie pointing to the icon in the IS product folder redistributables (\Redist\Language Independent\OS Independent\SetupIcon.ico). When I try to build the install project, it keeps looking for the icon in the project's exe instead. No matter what I do it keeps giving me this message, I don't get it:

Warning 2 -7235: InstallShield could not create the software identification tag because the Tag Creator ID setting in the General Information view is empty.

Warning 3 -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

Error 4 -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file C:\TFSSC\Search Systems - SS\AutocompleteFromCSV\AutocompleteFromCSV\obj\Release\AutocompleteFromCSV.exe.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
robipete
Level 2

I found the place where a second icon is able to be specified. It's called the 'advertised icon' and is the icon browser of the Shortcuts/Folders under 3. Configure the Target System. Hope this will help someone else get going down the road. My setup project compiles now. Note that I did try adding an icon resource to the project I'm trying to package but it didn't seem to help, perhaps because it is a console application.
0 Kudos