cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsingh1
Level 4

Msi installation custom action is skipped during installation, how to fix that?

When I keep the custom action condition to "Not Installed", it is running during installation. So, to be able to run the custom action during repair also, I set the condition to "NOT REMOVE".

But, it is not running during installation also now. On the fresh machine, not installed before the msi.

ssss.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi rsingh1

Did you sequence the customaction in UI  Sequence or install Exec sequence ? If its sequenced properly and still its not running the customaction, then please share the installation verbose log, 

Here is a link to documentation about how to generate a verbose Installation log:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Logging-an-MSI-Installation/ta-p/4323

0 Kudos

It seems the custom action is running, sorry for that. The issue is there is one more feature in REMOVE property so didn't ran.

Now there is one more issue. We are trying to provide permissions using LockPermissions table and we are getting error on non-english OS machines. So, removed that added as a custom action vbscript using icacls command. And that is failing to add permissions to non-english and working on english machines. It can't apply permissions to users group. How to provide that?
0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

What error you are seeing on non english machine could you please share error message or error screenshot.

0 Kudos

With LockPermissions table entry, shown in image.png attached.

With icacls:

Operation failed Return code 1332.

And it described as "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done."

And I understood Users is written as Usuarios in the Brazilian machine.

But how to set permissions to Users folder using a language independent code so that it would apply to all the machines even the languages are different.

0 Kudos