cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenace
Level 2

Microsoft MSIX - Supported - but cant find documentation

From the press release...

ITASCA, Ill., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Flexera, the company that’s reimagining how software is bought, sold, managed and secured, today announced the release of InstallShield 2018 R2, providing easy installation creation and conversion support for MSIX, the latest deployment type from Microsoft. The release also offers a new, easier-to-use InstallShield designer interface to help development teams move faster and improve time-to-value.

However, in searching, I can find no instructions on how to build MSIX packages. Worse, searching only brings up competing products shpowing how easily they create MSIX packages.

hoping it's so simple - I just cant see it...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
tmccahon
Level 2

bgreen1 wrote:
From the press release...

ITASCA, Ill., Sept. 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Flexera, the company that’s reimagining how software is bought, sold, managed and secured, today announced the release of InstallShield 2018 R2, providing easy installation creation and conversion support for MSIX, the latest deployment type from Microsoft. The release also offers a new, easier-to-use InstallShield designer interface to help development teams move faster and improve time-to-value.

However, in searching, I can find no instructions on how to build MSIX packages. Worse, searching only brings up competing products shpowing how easily they create MSIX packages.

hoping it's so simple - I just cant see it...

i have the same issue, i have installed Adminstudio 2018R2 (R2 is supposed to support MSIX), but when i fire up IS i can see nothing, if i search the system for msix.dll i can see it has been added to the system during the R2 install.
the only thing i can think is that IS did not update to R2 when i updated Admin Studio

bgreen1 are you using Installshild stand alone or with admin studio?
0 Kudos
greenace
Level 2

tmccahon wrote:
i have the same issue, i have installed Adminstudio 2018R2 (R2 is supposed to support MSIX), but when i fire up IS i can see nothing, if i search the system for msix.dll i can see it has been added to the system during the R2 install.
the only thing i can think is that IS did not update to R2 when i updated Admin Studio

bgreen1 are you using Installshild stand alone or with admin studio?

Stand alone IS 2018. Checked for updates - nothing available!
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

bgreen1 wrote:
Stand alone IS 2018. Checked for updates - nothing available!

Hi bgreen1/tmccahon

InstallShield's support for building msix is done in conjunction with Basic-MSI project type:Let me try to add via steps

-On creating new Basic-MSI project type,you can add files/registry entries etc based on your application need confronting to MSIX rules
-On Releases view->you will be able to see APPX/MSIX tab->Where you can select "Build windows package" & package type as MSIX
-Build the project,on output folder one level-up ,there will be folder called MSIXPackage which will contain .msix project
-As UWP application standards there has to be one shortcut to get successful build and package has to be signed to launch
-Double click launch of msix is active from windows builds 17698 onwards

Referral link:http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield24helplib/helplibrary/ReleaseGridWindowsAppTab.htm
Please refer the snapshot for reference:

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer