cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carsten
Level 4

Keep asking for Activation

I'm trying to activate InstallShield Express 2018, and it also end up with successful activation, but InstallShield does not open after activation,
and when starting again it ask for activation again?

How do I proceed?

-cpede
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

carsten wrote:
I'm trying to activate InstallShield Express 2018, and it also end up with successful activation, but InstallShield does not open after activation,
and when starting again it ask for activation again?

How do I proceed?

-cpede

Hi,

In general,it shouldn't be the case.

-Which type of licensing it is?-It can happen because it couldn't connect to the license server details you had mentioned sometimes.

Whenever you launch installshield technically it will try to check licensing is valid,if not it will prompt for details.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
carsten
Level 4

It answers activated successfully, then I click Finish, and try to start again. And then it restart the activation.

-cpede
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

carsten wrote:
It answers activated successfully, then I click Finish, and try to start again. And then it restart the activation.

-cpede

Hi,

This may be because of on successful license activation,installshield will try to write activated status to some registry values.After activation wizard it will try to read those registry which fails here i guess.If it seems to be a valid issue,try logging to Flexera support.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos