cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wollka
Level 4

InstallShield Run-Time languages confusion

Hi,

Why InstallShield Professional/Premier requires selecting the Run-Time language during the installation?

Even the Express version allows to choose the Setup language when the New Project is being created! This allows to create installers in different languages without reinstalling InstallShield.

Thanks,

Serhiy,
InstallShield user
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
MEinstaller
Level 7

InstallShield Premier and Professional allow authoring of installations in different languages which is why you are allowed to choose a language during the install.

I believe what you are seeing in the Express edition is for choosing the language that the end user will see when they run the installer you created. That option is available in the Premier and Professional as well.

I believe this is the answer to your question, at least from reading your post.
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Are you talking about the installation of InstallShield itself? In this case:

The Professional edition supports only one language* and this language can be selected once (during the install of InstallShield Professional) and will then be used for all your setup projects.

The Premier edition however supports 35 langauges. You can select which languages should be included in your project, and you can create multi-language setups.

Express supports 33 languages but for each project you can use only one. You cannot add, remove or change languages for an existing project, because you must specify the language when you create the project. This limitation in Express means that you must start from scratch if you want another langauge.

(*exception: the German edition supports 2 languages)
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
StefanoGrippa
Level 3

Hi,
thanks for the post below:
The Professional edition supports only one language* and this language can be selected once (during the install of InstallShield Professional) and will then be used for all your setup projects.

I have already installed Professional but unfortunately chose italian instead of english.
Is there a way to correct it at runtime or am I forced to reinstall Professional Edition?
The problem is that I experimented that I cannot install trial twice on the same machine. Am I forced to use another machine in order to use a trail?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stefan Krueger wrote:
Are you talking about the installation of InstallShield itself? In this case:

The Premier edition however supports 35 langauges. You can select which languages should be included in your project, and you can create multi-language setups.

Express supports 33 languages but for each project you can use only one. You cannot add, remove or change languages for an existing project, because you must specify the language when you create the project. This limitation in Express means that you must start from scratch if you want another langauge.

(*exception: the German edition supports 2 languages)
0 Kudos
StefanoGrippa
Level 3

Just one note to my thread.
The goal of my installing trial edition is this:
I have to move my license from one machine to another, so I install trial on new machine, then test it and then move license
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

In order to switch the license in InstallShield Professional trial version, you need to uninstall it and then install with the correct language selection. Note that the license agreement does not allow you to change the language.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
StefanoGrippa
Level 3

Hi Stefan,
thanks.
I did as you suggested.
0 Kudos