cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karl123456
Level 2

InstallShield Lite Installed but not showing in Visual Studio 2017

Hello, I am working with a client and have downloaded (purchased) and installed InstallShield Lite 2018 on the clients computer.

When I open Visual Studio 2017 CE it does not show as an installed extension. When I open their project and go to add a new project it is not listed as an option.

Can someone point me to an install resource online or give me some pointers please?

Thank you,

Karl Tatgenhorst
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi karl123456,

Can you please check on Visual Studio's New project dialog whether you could see Installshield lite project as an option under Other Project Types->Setup and Deployment?

If you could see that,you can start play with your setup projects.I have attached snap for your reference

0 Kudos
Steve_N
Level 2

I'm having the exact same issue. "Setup and Deployment" does not appear in "Other Project Types". Re-installed as Administrator, but no luck. Has anyone solved this?
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi Steve_N,karl123456

You can find a note from Flexera on marketplace while downloading InstallShield Lite 2018.

" InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio supports the following Visual Studio editions:
Professional
Enterprise
InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 is not supported for Visual Studio Community Edition"

hope this helps,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
gbdavid
Level 2

Steve_N wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue. "Setup and Deployment" does not appear in "Other Project Types". Re-installed as Administrator, but no luck. Has anyone solved this?

I had the same issue, looks like it's an Installshied's own issue... I had to uninstall Installshield, restart the computer and install it again (without opening Visual Studio), also make sure that your Version of Visual Studio is higher than community because they say they don't support the community edition.
0 Kudos