cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
karl123456
Pilgrim

InstallShield Lite Installed but not showing in Visual Studio 2017

Hello, I am working with a client and have downloaded (purchased) and installed InstallShield Lite 2018 on the clients computer.

When I open Visual Studio 2017 CE it does not show as an installed extension. When I open their project and go to add a new project it is not listed as an option.

Can someone point me to an install resource online or give me some pointers please?

Thank you,

Karl Tatgenhorst
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Flexera Jenifer
Flexera

Hi karl123456,

Can you please check on Visual Studio's New project dialog whether you could see Installshield lite project as an option under Other Project Types->Setup and Deployment?

If you could see that,you can start play with your setup projects.I have attached snap for your reference

0 Kudos
Steve_N
Pilgrim

Re: InstallShield Lite Installed but not showing in Visual Studio 2017

I'm having the exact same issue. "Setup and Deployment" does not appear in "Other Project Types". Re-installed as Administrator, but no luck. Has anyone solved this?
0 Kudos
Flexera Jenifer
Flexera

Hi Steve_N,karl123456

You can find a note from Flexera on marketplace while downloading InstallShield Lite 2018.

" InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio supports the following Visual Studio editions:
Professional
Enterprise
InstallShield Lite for Visual Studio 2017 is not supported for Visual Studio Community Edition"

hope this helps,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
gbdavid
Pilgrim

Re: InstallShield Lite Installed but not showing in Visual Studio 2017

Steve_N wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue. "Setup and Deployment" does not appear in "Other Project Types". Re-installed as Administrator, but no luck. Has anyone solved this?

I had the same issue, looks like it's an Installshied's own issue... I had to uninstall Installshield, restart the computer and install it again (without opening Visual Studio), also make sure that your Version of Visual Studio is higher than community because they say they don't support the community edition.
0 Kudos
NINITEPRO
Pilgrim

Ninite pro install on mac

start working as soon as you run it
not bother you with any choices or options
install apps in their default location
say no to toolbars or extra junk
install 64-bit apps on 64-bit machines
install apps in your PC's language or one you choose
do all its work in the background
install the latest stable version of an app