cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISNoob
Level 6

Install vanishes after Setup Prerequisites are installed

Hi

I have prerequisites in my installer, and after they are installed I expect the installer to display a Licence Dialog and continue installing my software(As I have used the Wizard in design to launch the licence window, so this is set up) however my installer forces a Reboot after installing the pre-requisites. After the reboot nothing happens, so the install process ends 😞 with only the prerequisites being installed.

Its a Basic MSI project.

Anyone know how to solve this??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DanCla
Level 5

I believe you can open the .prq file using the prerequisite editor and one of the tabs should give you and option to continue installing after reboot.
0 Kudos
ISNoob
Level 6

I found that the .net 3.5 prerequisite is forcing this behaviour when it completes installing.

I have set the properties for this to exit and not reboot, but it still re boots.
I have done the same with other Pre reqs, and they work fine - dont require a reboot but the .net one is tricky..
Any idea anyone on how to force .NET 3.5 prerequisites not to reboot?
0 Kudos
DarthVeda
Level 3

type /? with dot net package and it should give you the option to suppress reoboot. i believe its /q and that should suppress rebooot also. pass this param to your dotnet pre-requisite install.
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

Am using basic msi project in IS2008 professional.

I want .net2.0 Framework as the mandatory prerequistie.

I included that in the release wizard.

When i try to install, it shows this dialog..

When i click "NO" button .. it proceed with the product installation, which i dont want ..
Could any one please help me..
All i want is, if end user clicks on the "NO" button , it should abort the installation.. process
0 Kudos
ISNoob
Level 6

Right click on the prerequisite and click on the Edit prerequisite option.
Click on the Behaviour tab

Untick the "The Prerequisite may be optionally skipped by the user".

That should do it.
0 Kudos