cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honolua
Level 7

Deferred CA During Install Only

Project Type: Basic MSI

I've got a deferred custom action that needs to execute only during the install phase. But the action is executing during both install and uninstall. Due to the nature of this CA, if it is executed during the uninstall the uninstall fails miserably and the software cannot be uninstalled. What condition will allow me to distinguish between "install time" and "uninstall time". I have tried using NotInstalled but that ends up skipping the CA altogether. During the uninstall, the installer dies because the CA relies on an installed file that has presumably already been removed. Hence, I can no longer uninstall the application. How do I get around this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
dan_galender
Level 10

You said your condition was NotInstalled (without any spaces). Was that a typo or is that really what you used?

If that's really what you used, your condition will most likely always fail as it will only succeed if a property called NotInstalled has some value.

Not Installed will be true if the product is running for the first time. Installed will be true otherwise (if the installer is performing maintenance or uninstallation). REMOVE="ALL" will be true if the product is being uninstalled.
0 Kudos