cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
janderscu
Level 3

Install files to System32 folder with Installshield Limited for Visual Studio 2015

I have Installshield Limited for Visual Studio 2015 and creating an installer to be installed on 64-bit machines.  As part of the install, I need to dump a few files in the System32 folder and COM register them.  I have read that the limited edition does not allow you to create 64-bit installers, so is there a way I can accomplish this?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
cvirata
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi @janderscu,

Looks like this is a product specific question. I have moved your post to the appropriate product forum so you could get the assistance you need. Going forward, to access the InstallShield forum, please click on the InstallShield product in the 'Find My Product' section of the homepage.

Hope that helps,

Christine Virata-Stone

Flexera Community Team

0 Kudos
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @janderscu ,

Installshield limited edition wont support 64 bit installer. But as a work around, if you want to copy a few files in the System32 folder and COM register them, you can do it through a custom action in your limited edition project. 

Need to write your own EXE or a VB script custom action, to copy files from the installed location to the System32 folder and register them. And the same for cleanup while uninstalling.

0 Kudos