cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA9_2426
Level 2

Unable to install setup.exe created in Installshield 2010 on a Windows 10 64Bit OS

When I try to install a 32bit application setup created using (Installshield 2010), it gives following error: Setup has experienced an error. Please do the following: -Close any running programs -Empty your temporary folder -Check your internet connection (Internet -based setups) Then try to run the Setup again ------------- Error code: -6002 Have you got any workaround ? Regards, Sankar
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
cvirata
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi @SA9_2426 ,

I believe you meant to post this on the InstallShield product forum. I have moved this post to that forum so you get the proper assistance. Going forward, to access this forum, please click the InstallShield product in the 'Find My Product' section of the community homepage.

Hope that helps!

Christine Virata-Stone

Flexera Community Team

0 Kudos
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @SA9_2426 ,

Looks like, this error is due to the anti virus software which is blocking the setup.exe to do its operations. May be you can verify by disabling AV, or exempt the temp folder and project folder in AV.  

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge/Close-Applications-Running-in-the-Background/ta-p/3848?collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=category:InstallShield&q=Close%20Applications%20Running%20in%20the%20Background&search_type=thread

If it is not AV, see any other running process is interfering the setup.exe and try executing the setup.exe in administrator mode. 

0 Kudos