cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venkat_VK
Level 4

Install Shield 2008 - An error occured while parsing installer setup file

Hi,

I have created a build using Install Shield 2008 to deploy my Application developed useing VB6.0, MS Access and Crystal Report11.
I could able to deploy successfully.

But while try to uninstall my App, getting the below error:

"An error occured while parsing installer setup file
'C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{60845609-64A5-410F-AC16-052226DD96C9}\setup.ini'

or

the file could not be located."

Please help me.

Thanks,
VK
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
Not applicable

Could you verify that you have a setup.ini file there? If so, is it read only and do the user and system both have permissions to access that location?

Finally, can you post the contents of that file here?
0 Kudos
Venkat_VK
Level 4

Very unfortunate. There's no such directory exists and so setup.ini file too.......but my Application installed in C:\myApp.

Please show some light.

Thanks,
VK
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

You must set Explorer to show invisible files and folders. The InstallShield Installation Information folder has the hidden attribute set.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
Venkat_VK
Level 4

Hi Stefan Krueger,
Thanks for your guidance. I got the Setup.ini file and posted the content below.

Hi bryanwolf,

Please find the answer for your queries:
1. Yes, i have the Setup.ini file in the specified path.
2. It's read only and user and system both have permissions to access that location.
3. Posted the content below:

[Startup]
AppName=myApp
ProductGUID=60845609-64A5-410F-AC16-052226DD96C9
CompanyName=MyCompany.
CompanyURL=MyCompany.com
ErrorReportURL=http://www.installshield.com/isetup/ProErrorCentral.asp?ErrorCode=%d : 0x%x&ErrorInfo=%s
MediaFormat=0
LogMode=1
Resource=_Setup.dll
SmallProgress=N
SplashTime=
CheckMD5=Y
CmdLine=
ShowPasswordDialog=N
EngineVersion=14.0.0.162
EngineBinding=1
Source=0
AllUsers=1
InstallGuid={60845609-64A5-410F-AC16-052226DD96C9}
[Languages]
Default=0x0009
count=1
key0=0x0009

Eagarly awaiting for your help.

Thanks,
VK
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Interesting - everything seems to be there.

Do you have a screenshot by chance?
0 Kudos
Venkat_VK
Level 4

Here it's.......
Thanks,
VK
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

What project type are you using? Pure InstallScript or Basic MSI?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's an InstallShield dialog. Definitely not one I've ever seen.

Are you including any Crystal Reports merge modules?

Also - it looks like you're using InstallScript MSI. Is this correct? If so, can you reproduce this in a sample project?
0 Kudos
Venkat_VK
Level 4

Let me explain in detail on what we did,

1) Our existing application has been developed using VB 6.0, Crystal Reports 9.0 and
Ms-Access.

2) We used Installshield Professional 7.0 to create our Build file. The extension of our
Installshield project is (*.ipr).

3) As InstallShield Profession 7.0 does not have inbuilt object for Crystal Reports 9.0, we
Created our own object for crystal reports 9.0 using InstallShield and used that in our
Installshiled Project mentioned in Point #2.

Most of our customers have changed their OS to VISTA. As Installshield 7.0 does not support creating Installer file for VISTA, we moved to the latest version of the product -Installshiled 2008.

As crystal Reports 9.0 too does not support VISTA. We migrated our reports to the Crystal Reports 11.0.

Migrating from Installshield 7.0 to InstallShield 2008
We just opened the existing project file (*.ipr) in Installshield 2008. We did the below changes in our new InstallShiled project,

1) Replaced "VB Runtime Object" with the new "Visual Basic Virtual Machine 6.0".
2) Replaced "MDAC 2.5 1" with the new "MDAC 2.8".
3) Replaced "Crystal Reports 9.0 object" with "Cr11_rdc_licence","Cr11_rdc_reportengine" and "Cr11_rdc_runtime".

Your query - "If so, can you reproduce this in a sample project?” do you want me to create a new InstallShield project" with Crystal Reports merge modules?

Thanks,
VK
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

Did you put a Crystall 11 license code into the Cr11_rdc_licence merge module properties?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sorry, but I'm not sure what to suggest. It sounds like a Crystal Reports specific issue and I don't really have any real experience working with those.

Perhaps someone else knows or may just try contacting Business Objects and see what you can find out.
0 Kudos
Venkat_VK
Level 4

esiemiat wrote:
Did you put a Crystall 11 license code into the Cr11_rdc_licence merge module properties?

Hi Eric,

Yes, it's a very perfect trap.
Found an incorrect char in license no in the abov module property and it's working fine post correction.

Thanks a lot for your Great help.

Sorry for my long delay in reply.

Regards,
VK
0 Kudos