cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hyper71
Level 3

Install .NET3.5 on Windows Server 2012 with provided Prerequisites fails

Hello

The Prerequisite (Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Windows Feature).prq) provided from Flexera in an KB Article says that this Prerequisite enables the .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 Windows feature on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 systems.
Under Windows 8 is works fine but under Windows Server 2012 the installation displays an error message box, and the prerequisite fails. (Internet connection is available)

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be appreciate.

Regards
Hyper
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Hyper71
Level 3

Hi all

Got a new prerequisite form IS-Support which works well under Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
Attached you can find the file. Just change the file ending to .prq after copied to your destination.

Kind regards
Hyper71
0 Kudos
dinesh_redhawk
Level 6

Can you explain the behaviour of this new pre-requisite file.
I mean, will it be able to install in offline mode i.e. without internet?
Can i use it with my offline .net3.5SP1 setup?
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

Looks like Hyper71 has not logged on here since September of 2015.

Chad
0 Kudos
Hyper71
Level 3

Hi

The new pre requisites activates .NET3.5 on Window 8 and Server 2012. Other than on Windows 7 where you can install .NET3.5, on Windows 8 / Server 2012 .NET3.5 is a feature that has to be activated.

I'm not sure, it's a long time ago, but I think you can use the new pre-requisite offline. To be sure you have to test it anyway.

You should be able to use the pre-prequisite together with your offline .net3.5SP1 Setup. With conditions you can control the pre-requisites as needed to prevent doubble installation/activation.

Hope this helps.
Hyper71
0 Kudos