cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gusti6
Level 3

IS not creating a single MSI package

Hello,

I have IS 2014, and I have the option to create a Single MSI Package on the Build Installation set.

But when it creates the folder, it creates the program files folder, System32, Win...and they have to be included in the installation package.

Is there a way to fix this ? Also tried using the Single Executable, but it also requires me to provide the user with program files/system32, etc that are being created by IS2014.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Evan_Border
Level 8

gusti6 wrote:
Hello,

I have IS 2014, and I have the option to create a Single MSI Package on the Build Installation set.

But when it creates the folder, it creates the program files folder, System32, Win...and they have to be included in the installation package.

Is there a way to fix this ? Also tried using the Single Executable, but it also requires me to provide the user with program files/system32, etc that are being created by IS2014.

Thanks.

1. Go to the Releases view in the Installation Designer tab and delete everything there (quickest way: for each "Configuration", right-click and delete.
2. Go to the Build Installation page in the Project Assistant tab and only mark the Single MSI Package checkbox.
3. Click the Build Installations button (at the bottom of the Build Installations page, not the Build button in the toolbar or the Build menu)
Step 3 may be what was tripping you up. If you don't use that button, it doesn't do it.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

You can accomplish this without deleting your current configuration.
Select Media > Releases and right click on the release in question.
Select the option for Release Wizard
On the Media Type select Network Image and click Next
ON Release Configuration select the first option, 'Compress all files' and click Next
If you have prerequisites then include "create installation launcher' and click Next
If you have a code signing certificate enter the information for the PFX file here and click Next
If you added code signing then an option to specify digital signature options is displayed. Make the required changes and click Next
Continue through the wizard making the settings required. If you have questions about anything click the Help button, it should bring up context sensitive help.
At the end allow the setup to build and then examine the results.
0 Kudos
gusti6
Level 3

Evan Border wrote:
1. Go to the Releases view in the Installation Designer tab and delete everything there (quickest way: for each "Configuration", right-click and delete.
2. Go to the Build Installation page in the Project Assistant tab and only mark the Single MSI Package checkbox.
3. Click the Build Installations button (at the bottom of the Build Installations page, not the Build button in the toolbar or the Build menu)
Step 3 may be what was tripping you up. If you don't use that button, it doesn't do it.

Yep, Step 3 was the one tripping me up. Although I didn't have to delete anything.

Thanks!!!!
0 Kudos
gusti6
Level 3

DLee65 wrote:
You can accomplish this without deleting your current configuration.
Select Media > Releases and right click on the release in question.
Select the option for Release Wizard
On the Media Type select Network Image and click Next
ON Release Configuration select the first option, 'Compress all files' and click Next
If you have prerequisites then include "create installation launcher' and click Next
If you have a code signing certificate enter the information for the PFX file here and click Next
If you added code signing then an option to specify digital signature options is displayed. Make the required changes and click Next
Continue through the wizard making the settings required. If you have questions about anything click the Help button, it should bring up context sensitive help.
At the end allow the setup to build and then examine the results.

Thanks for your reply, helped me understand a couple of things about IS.
0 Kudos