cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tupac21354
Level 3

Flash 10 Prerequisite

My application currently has a Flash 10 prerequisite which was built in InstallShield 2009 SP2. The prerequisite runs the Flash 10 msi if the conditions aren't properly met. The condition is as follows:

-A registry entry has a specified version value
--> Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer
--> Key: CurrentVersion
--> Value Data: 10,0,45,2
--> Default registry location on 64-bit
--> Run if: "is less than"

My prerequisite will run if the version of flash on the machine is 9 and works correctly if I change the registry version to 11, but my issue is with other versions of 10. Flash uses commas between the major/minor/build/revision numbers which is okay, but it doesn't seem like InstallShield knows how to perform the comparison.

Installed version on machine: 10,0,22,87
Prerequisite version to install: 10,0,45,2

Has anyone else ran into this issue as I'm not sure how to solve this problem. If the flash version numbers were stored like: 1002287 then this wouldn't be an issue. If I could look at the SafeVersions of flash I would but this isn't doable the way prerequisites are setup.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
tupac21354
Level 3

I found a helpful post on another thread that solved my problem. Here is my solution...

Instead of looking at the currentVersion registry key for flash I changed the prerequisite to look at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX

The DisplayVersion which has versions with .'s, not ,'s. This registry key doesn't exist with flash 9 since flash 9 has a guid in the uninstall key.

I update to use the new registry information and everything works perfectly. Hopefully flash 11 doesn't break this.
0 Kudos
epotter
Level 5

I'm not seeing the Flash 10 prerequisite. Was that in the box is InstallShiled?

I need to create a Flash prereq, but I would prefer to use one that was already created.
0 Kudos