cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmoulton
Level 6

Feedback to Suite Progress Bar

I have thought about putting checkboxes on the Suite progress bar that could be updated after each application ran. Is it possible to return feedback to the Suite progress bar in this manner? If so, how would you do it?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We've thought about this a bit, and I would like to offer it in the future. The primary problem I'm not sure how to address is the disconnect between features and packages. The actual installation goes by packages, but the user selects features. In a simple scenario there's a simple mapping. But in a more complex scenario, a single package may belong to any number of visible features, so we can't map back to a feature we'd claim to be installing at that time. So would it make sense to you if we showed a list of packages as the checkboxes?
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

I agree this is kind of a disconnect from features. I think it would make sense to have some ability on the progress bar to give feedback to the user.

It would be nice if you could communicate information from the install back to the progress bar. For example, it would be nice to show the user which packages have been installed.

It would also be nice when you have a user interface to be able to display information from the system to the user. For example, I would like to gather information from the system about the packages that are installed and be able to display a status type of dialog to the user before he starts the install. It would also be nice to display the OS he is running on and other useful information to the user. This would occur before the progress bar was displayed.

Is there currently a way to do something like this using the suite installation?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You can do the informational part, manually, with a extension condition or UI action that sets properties to be displayed by the wizard. The other part, listing packages, I think we'll have to implement.
0 Kudos