cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Kosenko
Level 7

Failure of InstallShield Online Registration

Why doesn't InstallShield 2008 online registration WORK?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Peter_Kosenko
Level 7

Sorry, my post submitted before I had a chance to complete it.

I have been sitting on a copy of InstallShield 2008 (fully paid for) for about six months until ready to update some of our installers.

I installed it on a new computer last week, about Thursday.

The verification process for the serial number failed. The program required that I submit my Serial number to the InstallShield registration web site, but the submission forms apparently did not submit, since the registration has never "taken."

In other words, the program does not allow itself to be registered on the InstallShield registration site.

Anyone at InstallShield have an explanation for THAT?

The program threatens to cease functioning in 15 days.
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

Did you get any error message?
Did you buy directly from Macrovision (in this case online *registration* is not required) or from a reseller?
What happens if you just enter your serial number in the activation dialog? If it tells you the number is invalid then you need to register.

For maintenance plans you have 30 days from the purchase date to register. I don't know if the same limit applies to products, but if it does, that winodw has closed.

In any case, call Macrovision sales or your reseller for assistance. You're not limited to the non-offical peer-to-peer support here in this forum.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos
Peter_Kosenko
Level 7

Third party purchase. My superiors have a habit of buying from Programmer's Paradise. So I had to register the serial number. That ASP serial number form worked okay. It was the next ASP form asking for company/contact information that was having a problem.

Macrovision solved the problem for me. It seems that you CANNOT enter letters in the phone text box of the information form (I was entering my "ext"). Unfortunately there was no ASP error message that identified the error on the information form. So it kept mysteriously recycling the page. A little more validation on the form could prevent the problem. Like a Javascript isNaN() triggered box or ASP processing that displays a red error message next to the offending text box?

-- Peter
0 Kudos