cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalu91
Level 3

Exists an event similar to lost focus

Hi all,

do you know if it is possible to call custom action on a textbox focus lost event?

I don't see an event similar to "focus lost"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @kalu91 ,

What is your use case for triggering custom action on control-focus lost event?Can't that be done via installscrpt code or something?

DoAction will be the only event which will call custom action on the specific control getting activated:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield25helplib/helplibrary/IHelpEUDialogsControlEventsList.htm#definingenduserinterface_1676889175_1207558

May be you can check whether you can call DoAction based on condition which will be control focus lost event

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi,
my need is to perform a validation of the input entered by the user, once the text box is no longer activated and based on the validation result I would like to enable / disable a button. I have tried but I have found no way to understand when the control loses focus.
0 Kudos

any help is appreciated

0 Kudos

Hi @kalu91 ,

Is that the use-case something like based on text on control,enable/disable next/some other navigation control from previous dialog page?It would be better if you could share some level of the use-case how you need?

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,
I thank you for the answer. My need is for a custom action to be performed that performs a validation when a user has finished writing in a text box. so that you can disable a button located in the same dialog.

0 Kudos

Hi @kalu91 ,

You can achieve this via:

• Go to behavior option of specific dialog which has the specific controls
  • Click on the button you want to enable/disable,goto to Conditions
  • Select Enable option from the list and mention the condition you want to add
  • Say your edit-field's property is MyProperty,you can add condition like MyProperty="SampleValue"
  • This enable condition will work only when the textbox loses focus

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos