cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asingh87
Level 2

Error Code 125, Unable to load InstallShield Object(s): Common\New Merge Module Holder Object

Jump to solution

I'm currently evaluating InstallShield 2019 for my company right now and ran into a problem while loading one of our installers in the new platform.

This project was made using in InstallShield 2012 to IS 2019 and upon trying to build I'm met with an error that the Merge Module Holder object isn't being loaded. If I remove the Object and attempt to re-add the merge modules I am met with an error that the object 'Merge Module Holder Object' could not be inserted. 

I've already tried re-registering ismk25.dll but that didn't affect anything, and checked whether windows installer was enabled. I'm not really sure where to go from here so any help is appreciated, thanks!

(1) Solution
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @asingh87 ,

Required to re-add the specified merge module to resolve the issue, but there is an issue in InstallShield 2019 while adding the merge module as you have mentioned. This issue has been fixed in InstallShield 2019 R2, it is available for download.

Can you check the reported problem in InstallShield 2019 R2.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @asingh87 ,

Required to re-add the specified merge module to resolve the issue, but there is an issue in InstallShield 2019 while adding the merge module as you have mentioned. This issue has been fixed in InstallShield 2019 R2, it is available for download.

Can you check the reported problem in InstallShield 2019 R2.