cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Error 1609 - 64bit install

I have an InstallScript MSI project that I have upgraded from InstallShield 2010 to InstallShield 2011. It installs fine on 32-bit OS (XP and Vista). When I try to install it on a 64-bit OS (Windows 7) I get the following error:

Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings. WFINET\System is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install. Unable to locate the user’s SID, system error 1332.

I need to force the install to install the app files to \Program Files instead of \Program Files (x86) also. But, first I can't get past the error above using [ProgramFilesFolder] or [ProgramFiles64Folder].

Any ideas on what I can try to change to eliminate this error?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
shyam_eg
Level 3

are you using any third party components installed along with install and are you using IIS features in setup project
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

No, I did have some IIS features but I removed them thinking they might be the problem. I still received the error after removing them. As for third party components I'm not sure what you mean. I do install a third-party setup (.exe) file but I do not run it - it is just copied to a folder for users to install if they want it.

If there is other info I can give you about my project that might help I'll be happy to do that.

I don't use any Custom Actions. I normally create InstallScript projects but had to use an InstallScript MSI project for this install in order to install some files to the GAC and set some files as key files.

Thank you!
0 Kudos