cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenHousePC
Level 3

Error -1014 for no good reason

After getting to where I was able to build installation images on a regular basis, I started getting -1014 errors every other time I ran InstallShield.

I've followed all the directions for debugging / correcting the problem and nothing helps. But I also know that the problem isn't something going on outside of InstallShield because exiting InstallShield allows me to build an installer.

None of the other recommended solutions work, which tells me that InstallShield Express is the application that's using the directory -- even after closing and re-opening the project.

I'm not interested in contacting Customer No-Support. They want me to pay money to get a fix for a product that was broken when I bought it (my company doesn't do that -- we stand behind our products, or we don't sell them). I just want to know if this is a bug in InstallShield that I'm going to have learn to live with, like all the other bugs I keep finding.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Would it be possible for you to post the entire description of the build error -1014? It seems that a string entry is missing in your project.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
0 Kudos
jfaliveno
Level 4

I receive that -1014 error often when I have opened the Disk1 folder with Windows Explorer to view the build I just made and then attempt to build a second time. Once I close Windows Explorer, the build goes thru fine!
0 Kudos
greenHousePC
Level 3

jfaliveno wrote:
I receive that -1014 error often when I have opened the Disk1 folder with Windows Explorer to view the build I just made and then attempt to build a second time. Once I close Windows Explorer, the build goes thru fine!

That's not the problem -- if it were, closing IS2010 and reopening it wouldn't correct the -1014 error. The problem would still exist because Explorer or whatever had the file or directory open. The best I can tell, IS2010 has something open and doesn't know it.
0 Kudos
greenHousePC
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
Would it be possible for you to post the entire description of the build error -1014? It seems that a string entry is missing in your project.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

It's the -1014 error, you should have the description already since it's reported by the tool.

Here's a prior discussion of the problem -- http://community.flexerasoftware.com/archive/index.php?t-123880.html

Is there a fix yet, or do I keep having to close and re-open IS?
0 Kudos