Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnilaS
Level 3

DataBaseDir - missing in General Information and predefined folders

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am testing Installshield 2020.

I want to install a database in CommonAppDataFolder, but the user shall be allowed to modify the target dir.

I am currently using a very old Installshield Xpress version, where this was quite easy and working.... but I did not figure out how I should do it with Installshield 2020.

- There is no predefined folder "Databasedir"

- There is no "Databasedir" in the view "Installation Information" / "General Information".

In the meantime I am really pissed. I am even not able to post my question... "Correct the highlighted erros...." appears - and the label Installshield 2020 does not appear in the list.  So I will select Installshield 2019 - although I am using trial of Installshield 2020

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @AnilaS ,

The edition of Installshield that you are using is Professional edition in trial version.DATABASE DIR UI option available only on Express edition.Since the value of DATABASEDIR [INSTALLDIR]Database  which you can do it via Component->Destination property as well.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @AnilaS ,

Hope you are using InstallShield 2020 Express,you will still be able to view DatabseDir under GeneralInformationView as in SnapShotExpress_DatabaseDir.PNG

Thanks for the feedback on InstallShield 2020 product label,it had been added now.

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

thank you very much for your reply. See my screenshots, on my "General Information" view the databasedir is missing!

I also attached the license I'm currently using. In the meantime we have purchased the version (but I don't yet have a license key).

But I don't think that is will make a diffece.

I found a workaround and was editing with the Direct Editor. In the meantime I was able to create a small test project which allows to install some files into a root directory and some other files into the database directory and the customer can modify both installation directories during runtime.

To make this all happen I also had to modify the dialogues and sequences.

With best regards
Anila

0 Kudos

Hi @AnilaS ,

The edition of Installshield that you are using is Professional edition in trial version.DATABASE DIR UI option available only on Express edition.Since the value of DATABASEDIR [INSTALLDIR]Database  which you can do it via Component->Destination property as well.

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

Jenifer

Hi Jennifer,

thank you very much!

Best regards

Anila

0 Kudos