cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Custom Dialog doesn't match Standard dialog

I have created a custom dialog, all is fine except the top of the dialog is gray where the standard InstallShield dialogs are white. I would like all my dialogs to look the same. I tried adding a text box at the top but even setting sunken to FALSE you can tell there is a box there and it doesn't look like the standard dialogs. I am using InstallShield 2009 Profession and my project is an InstallScript project. Can anyone tell me how to make my custom dialog have the same white top (panel?) as the standard dialogs? Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
lasiewicz
Level 6

Can you attach a picture
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Yes, I am attaching a picture with screen shots of a standard dialog and my custom dialog. Hopefully you can see the difference in them.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

To check some basics first: How did you create the new dialog? What are the dimensions of the banner bitmap? How did you specify the custom banner on the custom dialog box (DialogSetInfo, or...)?
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Thank you! I created the dialog from the User Interface --> Dialogs --> New Dialog --> New Dialog Wizard --> selected NewScriptBasedDialog then clicked Finish. I then added my controls to that dialog.

The bitmap is not a banner. It is just small bitmap, sized 4 KB. It's the bitmap I rename alt.bmp and used DialogSetInfo to display it:
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "alt.bmp", TRUE);

It is a bitmap with a white background.

The bitmap I use for the left panel is a white bitmap that I named BitmapId_103.bmp and is placed in the InstallShield\2009\Script\Dialogs directory. The white smaller bitmap appears in that panel also on the welcome and finish dialog.

is this enough information?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

That sounds right, and a quick similar test seems to work at this end; as a test, does another new ScriptBasedDialog (without all of your controls on it) display your bitmap correctly?
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Yes! I created a new script-based dailog with no controls and it does contain a white panel at top so the bitmap displays correctly. The other dialog still contains a gray panel at the top. I suppose I can change my project and use the new dialog with the white top instead of the other one I created with the gray top.

I have another dialog I created by cloning the SdAskOptions dialog, renaming it and modifying it. It does not have the white panel at top.

Can you help me understand why some would have the white panel at top and others do not?

Thank you for your help!
Sel
(still a little confused) :confused:
0 Kudos
harendra_chauha
Level 4

I have installshield 11.5 & i could not find any new dialog option under
user interface-> dialog->
please tel me how can we a custom dialog in installshield 11.5
0 Kudos