cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CavanMcCloud
Level 4

Custom Actions - Install 3rd Party Application

I'm creating a Basic MSI Project with Custom Actions to kick off other installation programs after my initial project is installed.

I am having issues trying to decide the setting for the Return Processing of the installation programs.

When I use Synchronous I'm constantly getting error messages during the installation similar to the following...

Error 1500. Another Installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.

And when I use Asynchronous they all try to install at the same time...

Anyone had a similar problem and determined how to fix it??

Thank you...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Right, Windows Installer supports only one Execute sequence running at a time; could you use InstallShield prerequisites (associated with the whole setup or with a feature) instead to get around this MSI restriction?
0 Kudos
CavanMcCloud
Level 4

Okay... I have the InstallShield prerequisites working correctly on the front-end of the installation..

The only issue I have now is that the EXE's are not wrapped with the single EXE file created for the installation.

Is there a way to have the prerequisite EXE's wrapped into the single EXE file??

Thanks... Paul Williams.
0 Kudos
CavanMcCloud
Level 4

Figured it out... there is a setting on the Release section of the setup.exe tab... lets you include all files in the setup.exe file....

The only problem I'm not having is that residual prerequiste files are being included... when I no longer include them in the project...???
0 Kudos