Configuring Feature selection in UI
I am using suite UI project, Have multiple features and sub-features in my projects.
My requirement is to be able to select multiple features at a time, which works fine. however when it comes to sub-features, my requirement is to be able to select only 1 sub-feature at a time, the rest of the sub-features gets unticked if selected, like the way radio buttons work.
Is there any workaround or a way to implement this behavior in-suite projects
HI @Vishalsa ,
How about handling sub-features selection/un-selection by using Condition property of Suite features?
You can use property comparison as condition here:
- Create a property named SubFeatureSelection in property manager
- On selection of any one sub-feature you can set property "SubFeatureSelection" value to "yes" or "1"
- In any of the other sub-feature's condition you can validate this specific property with string comparison so that feature won't be selected.
- Refer the attached snapshot for details:
Let me know whether it works,
Hello @Jenifer ,
1. "handling sub-features selection/un-selection by using Condition property of Suite features" this works only when you want the preselected features based on certain conditions. When you launch the setup you will have some preselected features ready to install, those can be defined by these conditions. It will not restrict the user to select only 1 subfeature or automatically unselect other subfeature when 1 get selected
My requirement is , for subfeatures it should work as a radio button, I should not be able to select 2 subfeatures in 1 parent feature at the same time, and if I try to select the 2nd sub-feature it should automatically uncheck the 1st sub-feature.
Is there a way to put radio button selection for sub-features only?
2. Regarding "validating this specific property with string comparison so that feature won't be selected." if it fails to validate it or Condition does fail, it will not restrict the user to select only 1 sub-feature.
To be frank , I don't know how to achieve this "On selection of anyone sub-feature you can set property "SubFeatureSelection" value to "yes" or "1" ", Maybe you can help me with this but still it doesn't serve the purpose
Maybe I am wrong about all the points I have mentioned let me share how my feature tree looks like.
Thanks & regards