cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1234
Level 3

SigningHelper: error 0x80072ee7 while attempting to sign file

Jump to solution

After upgrading to Installshield 2019 from 2015, I now get this error/warning when signing my files. Does anyone know what be causing it? I see my setup.exe or .msi files have digital signatures but no timestamps (which is expected for us). If this error/warning is expected, is there a way to ignore it so I don't see the warning? Thanks!

BUILDER_MM.msm ...
SigningHelper: error 0x80072ee7 while attempting to sign file
ISDEV : warning -1027: A warning occurred while signing BUILDER_MM.msm. See the build log for details.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @user1234 ,

I do not know, how you are specified the signing information:

1- Usually signing errors comes when the application do not have the admin rights to access the information from the certificate store, in case if you are building the project from visual studio or command line build. Installshield editor always open in administrator mode. So make sure the application executes in administrator mode. 

2- If you do not want to get signed with timestamp url, you can disable it through the "settings.xml" available in the "Support" folder. Or if you want to sign with the timestamp url, ensure the build machine has internet access to connect the time stamp server configured in the settings.xml

To disable timestamping, use an empty value for the Timestamp attribute:

<DigitalSignature Timestamp=""/>

More information can be found at the below link:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield25helplib/helplibrary/SettingsXML-Timestamp.htm?

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @user1234 ,

I do not know, how you are specified the signing information:

1- Usually signing errors comes when the application do not have the admin rights to access the information from the certificate store, in case if you are building the project from visual studio or command line build. Installshield editor always open in administrator mode. So make sure the application executes in administrator mode. 

2- If you do not want to get signed with timestamp url, you can disable it through the "settings.xml" available in the "Support" folder. Or if you want to sign with the timestamp url, ensure the build machine has internet access to connect the time stamp server configured in the settings.xml

To disable timestamping, use an empty value for the Timestamp attribute:

<DigitalSignature Timestamp=""/>

More information can be found at the below link:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield25helplib/helplibrary/SettingsXML-Timestamp.htm?

Thank you @banna_k ! Solution 2 worked for me since my machine doesn't have internet access.

0 Kudos