cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattQVI
Level 8

Checkbox for Launch Read Me missing on Repair/Modify

Jump to solution

The SetupCompleteSuccess dialog is missing the CheckLaunchReadMe checkbox when Repair or Modify is run.

Anyone know why that is or how to fix?

missingCheckboxReleaseNotes.png

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi MattQVI,

If you want to see show read me checkbox and text then you need to change the settings, under Dialogs --> SetupcompleteSucess --> Behavior --> select LaunchReadmetext and change the condition as shown in attached screenshot, do the same setting for "CheckLaunchReadme" as well (Refer attached screenshots)

Also remember if you want to avoid showing this readme text on uninstall you should set condition for the doaction, to show only on clean install.

You this condition sheet to set proper condition to launch only in install, repair and modify.

https://resources.flexera.com/web/pdf/archive/is-chs-common-msi-conditions.pdf

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi MattQVI,

If you want to see show read me checkbox and text then you need to change the settings, under Dialogs --> SetupcompleteSucess --> Behavior --> select LaunchReadmetext and change the condition as shown in attached screenshot, do the same setting for "CheckLaunchReadme" as well (Refer attached screenshots)

Also remember if you want to avoid showing this readme text on uninstall you should set condition for the doaction, to show only on clean install.

You this condition sheet to set proper condition to launch only in install, repair and modify.

https://resources.flexera.com/web/pdf/archive/is-chs-common-msi-conditions.pdf

Varul,

Thank you for the quick turn around.  Talking it out with you helped me find why it's disabled on Modify and Repair.

SHOWLAUNCHREADME="-1" And READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND <> "" And NOT Installed And NOT ISENABLEDWUSFINISHDIALOG

The "And NOT Installed" condition is messing it up.

Matt

0 Kudos