cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanceRas
Level 7

COM extraction and XCeed Software

I'm not sure if anyone else is having problems, but I was having problems with IS2008 and installing XCeed Software's XCeedZip ActiveX DLL in terms of registering the COM dll.

I've had a large number of customers have problems which were resolved by regsvr32'ng it after install.

I had tried com extraction and build time as well as com extraction during design time. No difference.

Finally saw the kb article in how to use the regspy utility from IS and compared notes... Major major difference. I used the tool to save the registry file, then imported into the component associated with the dll. I had to go in and modify the 2-3 entries that pointed to the path of the file, which was based on my machine and change it to be the property value for the path to match the user install.

This seemed to resolve the issue.

I'm wondering why there would be any difference? If the tool could get the info, why couldn't IS, assuming IS wrote the tool.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The RegSpyUI utility uses the same common backend code that the static and dynamic COM extraction methods use. The only difference is RegSpyUI does not interpret the registry data like COM extraction does.

Can you provide some details on what information was missing/wrong/etc.?

Also, what type of project are you working with?
0 Kudos