cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ribena
Level 4

Build Settings Dialog NOT appearing....

Hi,

I'm migrating my installs and have discovered the dialog box that appears in the other types of installs is not appearing in the InstallScript type project.

If I click on Build -> Settings absolutely nothing happens....I'm trying to set a preprocessor define to compile a custom script and I can't. I can temporarily add it a media but I don't want it there long term... very odd.

Cheers,
Ribena
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Is this happening even with a new sample InstallScript project, or is this specific to one or some project files?
0 Kudos
Ribena
Level 4

create a new one...go straight to builds settings.....NOTHING
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Does this happen for Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI projects also? Has this problem always been occurring, or did the dialog display at one point and now it won't display?
0 Kudos
Ribena
Level 4

Do you not have the software....it would take 2 seconds to reproduce.
as I said in my original post: "the dialog box that appears in the other types of installs", meaning basic msi and installscript msi

and NO it never appears in an InstallScript project
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I apologize for any misunderstanding. However, we are not able to reproduce this across a number of machines using InstallShield 2010 with InstallScript projects or MSI projects, nor have we received any other reports of this behavior occurring.

That said, you may want to try repairing or reinstalling InstallShield to see if that resolves the behavior. You may also try testing an evaluation copy of InstallShield on another machine to see if the behavior occurs there to determine if this is a machine specific issue.
0 Kudos
Ribena
Level 4

Ah, ok, I'll do that...install an evaluation copy, thanks.
0 Kudos