cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aflaat
Level 2

Minor upgrade, new component, not installing

I have an install, with merge modules. I have added a new component, with a new key file in the merge module. Both the component and the file are new, and not shared in any other features. When I try to do a minor upgrade, REINSTALL=all REINSTALLMODE=vamus, I get this in the log file

MSI (s) (D4:58) [09:20:00:106]: Component: filename.dll.80F3A273_106E_4918_A030_EDE39A9F0222; Installed: Absent; Request: Null; Action: Null; Client State: Unknown

Why is the action Null? Other files in the feature get reinstalled, but any new files never get installed. This is using MSI 4.5, but I hit the same issue with MSI3.1.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Magnus
Level 6

I had the same problem as you. I had to reuse an old Component ID, which was removed in the new version, and then use it for the new component. Then the new file was successfully added to the target mashine. It is also possible to add the new file into an already existning component (I don't know if InstallShield staff recomend this type of actions, but it seems to work 🙂 ).
0 Kudos
Aflaat
Level 2

I found out what it was. I did remove a component, which isn't a good thing. Search the log for SELMGR and you can see which one you removed. I added back that component, but removed the files, then all my files were installed.
0 Kudos