cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelley
Level 2

Build Errors

In InstallShield 2016, we were able to double-click on a build error and have it take us to the window where we could correct the issue. It no longer functions this way in 2018. Was this an intentional change, or is there something that can be toggled back on to enable this feature? It was incredibly useful to a newbie.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

kelley wrote:
In InstallShield 2016, we were able to double-click on a build error and have it take us to the window where we could correct the issue. It no longer functions this way in 2018. Was this an intentional change, or is there something that can be toggled back on to enable this feature? It was incredibly useful to a newbie.

Hi kelley,

It seems to be working fine for me,can you exactly mention what happens when you try doing?Generally it redirects to URL,unless your machine has certain restriction to links it would work i guess

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
kelley
Level 2

Hi Jenifer, thank you for your reply. The link part works. It will take me to the website for that particular error. Previously, however, I was able to just double-click on the description of the error and have it take me to the screen within the program where the correction needed to be made. For example, if there was a problem with something in a file table, it would take me to that line in the Direct Editor. It was very useful for someone still learning their way around the program.
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

kelley wrote:
Hi Jenifer, thank you for your reply. The link part works. It will take me to the website for that particular error. Previously, however, I was able to just double-click on the description of the error and have it take me to the screen within the program where the correction needed to be made. For example, if there was a problem with something in a file table, it would take me to that line in the Direct Editor. It was very useful for someone still learning their way around the program.

Hi Kelly,

It is still functional in IS2018 & higher versions.Clicking on error description & redirecting to related window will work only with Validate option.For an example,navigate to Build->Validate->Full MSI Validation Suite.
For common errors and all, you won't be able to see that redirection feature.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos