cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tebereth
Level 2

Bin directory is not created for web application with MSBuild

hi,
I am using Install Shield 2011 LE with Visual Studio 2010.
However I ran into a curious problem.

I have a solution with one web application project and one Install Shield project which references it. The setup uses two project outputs from the web app:
Primary Output and Content Files( both placed in [INSTALLDIR] in the setup configuration).

When I build the solution with Visual Studio everything is fine and all included files are deployed correctly on install. However, when I build the solution with MSBuild, all files included in the Primary Output (mostly .dlls) are placed in [INSTALLDIR] instead of [INSTALLDIR]\bin. Needles to say, the web app won't run after installation because it cannot find its dlls.

Is there some workaround for this issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
terpsrock5860
Level 2

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as tebereth, and I'm using InstallShield 2012 Express. Building the installer on my local dev and then running it deploys the DLLs properly to the [INSTALLDIR]\bin folder, but building from our TFS build server creates an installer that deploys the DLLs to the [INSTALLDIR] folder.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks for any guidance.
0 Kudos
terpsrock5860
Level 2

Just realized I'm in the wrong forum since I'm using IS 2012 Spring Express version. Sorry about that. 😮
0 Kudos