Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MattQVI
Active participant

Allow for the Maintenance dialog to only have one option

Jump to solution

I disabled Repair and Change for the install that affects Programs and Features in Control Panel but then went to the MaintenanceType dialog to do the same.  Now with only one button on the screen, I get an error at runtime.  How do I fix this?  Thanks.

Error 2855. The radio button group RadioGroup on dialog Maintenance Type has fewer than 2 buttons.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattQVI
Active participant

Re: Allow for the Maintenance dialog to only have one option

Jump to solution

Jenifer,

Thank you for that information.  It makes sense.

After thinking about this more, if there is only 1 radio button in the dialog, the dialog becomes unnecessary.  What I mean is, MaintenanceWelcome Next button doesn't open MaintenanceType because there is only one option now (Remove) so I set the Next button to open the ReadyToRemove dialog instead.  And in the ReadyToRemove dialog, I set the Back button to go back to MaintenanceWelcome.

Matt

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Flexera Jenifer
Flexera

Jump to solution

Hi @MattQVI ,

Below KB-article explains the cause and fix for run-time error-2855:

Cause

A radio button group on a dialog has fewer than two radio buttons associated with it. All radio button groups must have at least two radio buttons associated with the control.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Windows-Installer-Error-2855/ta-p/4734

Thanks,

Jenifer

MattQVI
Active participant

Jump to solution

Jenifer,

Thank you for that information.  It makes sense.

After thinking about this more, if there is only 1 radio button in the dialog, the dialog becomes unnecessary.  What I mean is, MaintenanceWelcome Next button doesn't open MaintenanceType because there is only one option now (Remove) so I set the Next button to open the ReadyToRemove dialog instead.  And in the ReadyToRemove dialog, I set the Back button to go back to MaintenanceWelcome.

Matt

0 Kudos