cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdmazzotti
Level 2

Activation on TFS Build machine

Hello,
as stated in the license agreement, "Flexera Software grants Licensee the right to install and use the software on a single computer to be used
exclusively with Visual Studio and the right to install and use up to two (2) additional instances for use within a Team Foundation Server environment".

The latter is exactly what I did: i installed the ISLE on a Team Build machine, where no visual studio installation exists.
Now, I can correctly compile and build my solution containing an ISL project. The problem is that when I run the built setup.exe, a message stating "This Setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of InstallShield" is shown.

So, the question is: how can I activate ISLE on a Team Build machine where Visual Studio hasn't been installed?
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
GrantK
Level 7

Hi mdmazzotti,

Thank you for using InstallShield Limited Edition.

The message you recieved "This Setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of InstallShield" indicates that the product has not been successfully activated yet. Activating the product should resolve this issue.

You can activate the product by launching the product and entering in a valid serial number.

I will send you a private message so that I can further assist you with this activation issue.

Grant
0 Kudos
christopher_ber
Level 2

I'm receiving the following when building the solution in TFS2012

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012SpringLimited\InstallShield.targets (96): -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized."

I activated ISLE with the received activation-code by opening VS2010 on the TFS-machine, creating a Setup-project and entering the code. It seems the activation only applied to VS and not TFS/MSBuild
0 Kudos
alex1678
Level 2

I'm receiving the following when building the solution in TFS2012

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012SpringLimited\InstallShield.targets (96): -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized."

I activated ISLE with the received activation-code by opening VS2012 on the TFS-machine, creating a Setup-project and entering the code. It seems the activation only applied to VS and not TFS/MSBuild

Could someone help me out here?

Thank you
0 Kudos
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Please take a look at the below KB article and as suggested please grant administrator privilege to the Build Controller service and check if that helps.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q212933

Best regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
barbara_winkler
Level 3

SwethaRao wrote:
Hello,

Please take a look at the below KB article and as suggested please grant administrator privilege to the Build Controller service and check if that helps.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q212933

Best regards,
Swetha

The link does not work, it takes me to a very generic page and not a knowledge base article.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Here is the updated link:

https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q212933

Cause:
This error is known to be thrown if the Build Controller service's configuration is set to run using credentials that do not have administrator privileges, such as the NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService account.

Resolution:
Use the Team Foundation Server Administration Console to change the Build Configuration of the Build Service. This can be done by selecting Properties under the Build Service and changing the Credentials to an account that has administrator privileges.
0 Kudos