cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licentiat
Level 2

Activation Fails

I have successfully installed InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2015, activated it, and working properly on Visual Studio 2015 Pro.
I downloaded this version, InstalledShield 2018 Lite, and upgraded the existing version, to be able to use Visual Studio 2017..
When I opened Visual Studio 2017 Pro for the first time after the upgrade, the activation window showed up. The activation code was pre-populated from previous version of InstallShield Limited Edition. When I click next to activate this 2018 Lite version I got an error. I also tried to activate it offline. So far no luck. The offline registration returns the message "That activation request yields no right to a license.". Is there any "magic" way to activate it?
These are the files used for offline activation:

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi Licentiat,

The activation code showed up when you had upgraded to InstallShield-2018-Lite won't work unless you get a new activation code from Flexera. Or you can give it a try with EVAL mode to get hands on it.Since InstallShield-2018-Lite had moved to payable option there may be licensing changes.So You can't use existing code here.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
Licentiat
Level 2

I thought InstalledShield 2018 Lite is a free upgrade to previous free version of InstallShield Limited Edition. Also I thought that 2018 Lite has just been released last month (May 2018). When did it became payable? Or it has never been free?

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Licentiat wrote:
I thought InstalledShield 2018 Lite is a free upgrade to previous free version of InstallShield Limited Edition. Also I thought that 2018 Lite has just been released last month (May 2018). When did it became payable? Or it has never been free?

Thanks again!

Hi Licentiat,

InstallShield Limited Edition was free edition but installshield Lite 2018 is a paid version with modified licensing which got released recently.

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos