Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallywojo
Level 4

1334 on install due to duplication of sequence numbers in file table

This relates to article Q107312.

I have a basic MSI project. In that project as the article indicates I am:
1) Using dynamic file linking
2) Using the previous package property (minor upgrade)
3) Using a compressed build option

A previous article that Art responded to indicated that if I were to change the file table indentifier from a.dll1 to a.dll0 this should get around the problem. This worked temporarily, but now I can no longer create a valid MSI. Can someone assist with a valid workaround. I know ideally I do not want to use dynamic file links but we have an unknown number of icon files at build time I need to pull so removing the dynamic file links in a future build is not an answer either.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

File sequence number syncing was added in IS 2009. In certain scenarios, it is possible that the sequence number syncing could actually result in duplicate sequence numbers in the File table. This issue was originally submitted under work order IOC-000079642 and was resolved for IS 2010. In IS 2009, you can disable file sequence number syncing when using the previous package setting by adding a new record to the InstallShield table of your project. The Property name for the new record should be "DoNotSyncSequenceNumbers" (no quotes) and the Value can be any value.
0 Kudos