cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

no vm build !!

I have a question,when we are installing an exe(novm build) on a fresh system where there is no vm or jdk installed on system,the installer cant continue to install.A solution for this is in no vm build we can provide a link to download the vm pack.But is there any other way of doing it without providing downloading link can we proceed the installation of exe??? please post your suggestions!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Hi,

If you are building a 'Without VM' installer, then the user of your application will have to have java installed on his/her system. As you said, you can give a download link or ask the user to install java before installing your application.

Another option is crerating the 'With VM' installer which does not mandate the user to have java installed on his/her system.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

Thank you ramya!
0 Kudos
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

Hiiee..

I have downloaded SunJRE170Win32.vm and i hv hosted on my server & in no vm build i have specified the url pointing to that vm pack like
" http:\\abc.com\SunJRE170Win32.vm",But am not able to run the installer,its exiting prompting no vm found on ur system.!!!! Am using win 7 os 32 bit os..!! Can anyone help me on this??
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

The installer requires a java vm to launch. So build a 'With VM' installer using the downloaded vm pack.
0 Kudos
bidyapatip
Level 4

pavan kumar ds wrote:
Hiiee..

I have downloaded SunJRE170Win32.vm and i hv hosted on my server & in no vm build i have specified the url pointing to that vm pack like
" http:\\abc.com\SunJRE170Win32.vm",But am not able to run the installer,its exiting prompting no vm found on ur system.!!!! Am using win 7 os 32 bit os..!! Can anyone help me on this??

Just downloading the VM and putting into the machine where you want to install may not resolve the issue.
You have to build the installer execuable again with VM option.
To do this put the downloaded vm into default location: /resource/installer_vms
0 Kudos
pavan_kumar_ds
Level 5

bidyapatip wrote:
Just downloading the VM and putting into the machine where you want to install may not resolve the issue.
You have to build the installer execuable again with VM option.
To do this put the downloaded vm into default location: /resource/installer_vms

Hii,

Thanks for your reply,I need a no VM build.Not a build with VM!! So the installer has to download the VM for the file server which i specify & it must run
0 Kudos