cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qqqqqq
Level 7

Silent Install and Set Environment variable

I was trying to set environment variable through "Set environment variable action" It works with GUI installer.

But with silent installation : During installation it fails. (Completes partial install, then automatically runs uninstallation)

I think it is failing at set environment variable.
Do i need to specify some special key=value pair for it in properties file?
what could be the reason for failure in silent installation?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

I think u need to do something in the RefreshEnvironment plugin.Not sure what
0 Kudos
palanisamy
Level 7

setting environment path in installshield 12 is an issue i faced the same problem during My installables, Please use VBScript custom action to set the Environment path and call this custom action during execute sequence..
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Does anyone know how to set solaris env variable to null
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

The problem with environment variables on Unices is the following: do you need to set it for all users or for a single user (maybe the user installing the software)? Then depending to the answer all you need to do is to add
export VARIABLE_NAME=
say to /etc/profile or whatever file is appropriate for Solaris (in case you want the variable to be set to all users) or to ~user/.profile if you want it for a specific user!
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Hi
I am referring to setting an solaris environment variable to null for all users through InstallAnywhere 2008 Enterprise Edition.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Vikram Gosain wrote:
Hi
I am referring to setting an solaris environment variable to null for all users through InstallAnywhere 2008 Enterprise Edition.

Well, then, see my previous post, I think I've already answered that.
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

Hi Vlad
In your previous post you mentioned of editing the variable name in etc/profile manually.
What i want to ask is that can i do some changes in the InstallAnywhere by , for example adding an action during installtime like setting environment variable to empty.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

All that I said in my post was the file to modify... knowing that InstallAnywhere has builtin Modify Text File actions, in which for instance you can add a line if the line didn't already exist.
0 Kudos
Vikram_Gosain
Level 6

pv7721 wrote:
All that I said in my post was the file to modify... knowing that InstallAnywhere has builtin Modify Text File actions, in which for instance you can add a line if the line didn't already exist.

Thanks alot man.!.It worked
0 Kudos