cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgulliver
Level 3

Installing VM packs that are not bundled with installer

Hi All,

I am a new user to this product, but my company has been using it for several years now. We are rewriting our existing installer to provide sub-installers.

The problem I am facing is that I have 3 installers on 5 OS, not including 2 for 64bit versions. This is creating a very large footprint since each installer bundles the VM.

I am wondering if it is possible to package each VM outside my installers in a common location, but still have the the private VM installed with the application. Maybe a default action or custom action?

Thanks in advanced,

Craig W Gulliver
Team Lead
AlarmPoint Systems inc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
sandyqudie
Level 3

Are you using merge modules or just different installers? If they are separate installers, you might be able to set the first JRE as your default JAVA_HOME, then all the rest could be install without VM? I haven't tried that myself, but it might work.
0 Kudos
cgulliver
Level 3

Thanks for your reply Sandy.

I have separate installers at this point, but will eventually write a main installer that will control them all. I'll read up on merge modules to see if it will fit the bill.

I've gone through the whole JavaDoc API, but there is nothing that will allow the VM to be referenced outside the installer. I was also hoping that someone had created a plugin that I could reuse that would have the exact same behaviour as the installer and work with the same VM packs.

Thanks Again.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you want you can bundle (or not) the setup of the JDK / JRE and use Execute Target (if bundled) or Execute Command in order to install the VM, be that JDK / JRE!...
0 Kudos