cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flowers
Level 4

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

Hi

When attempting to uninstall, I receive a dialog that says "Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported" and "Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode". This is very inconsistent. I believe this may be environmental as there are currently no known steps to reproduce this.

Web searches report this error occurring sometimes during the install but not uninstall. Has anyone run across this before?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

On what platform does it happen?
0 Kudos
Flowers
Level 4

Hi

This has been reported in Win2003 - 32bit , Win2008 -32bit , and Win2003 -64bit. Attempts to upgrade result in the installer hanging on "Installing JRE". Only when you try to uninstall does the error dialog come up.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Do you know how the installation is done? Is it done in GUI mode or in another mode (silent / console)? I understand your setup installs JRE, what's the version?
0 Kudos
Flowers
Level 4

All installs are performed with a GUI. The JRE is version 1.6_26
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Can you post your project?
0 Kudos
Flowers
Level 4

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post the project. We currently believe that the error is caused by multiple users logged into the same machine attempting installer activities. I'm researching this and will post additional information if it becomes available. Thanks.
0 Kudos