cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik_008
Level 7

Input validations for installers

Hi All,

Please help me to give input validations for inputs using install anywhere tool.i am giving the blank input,installer not prompting any pop-up window.blank data is taking.

Regards,
Sreekanth
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

If you don't want to accept blank input, you may want to compare the IA result variable with the $NULL$ value, and in case this was what the end user entered send them back to the previous panel.
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

hi thank u for reply,could you please provide me example for result variable comparison
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

In the Pre-Install task, right after your Input Panel, you should use a Display Message, with the following Rule: Check IA variable, your $USER_INPUT_IA_VARIABLE$ equals $NULL$ then display a meaningful message to the end user and return to the previous panel (i.e. the one asking for the input).
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

this means i need to use display message panel after my input panel.i ahve tried like that but after the display message panel its installing is going i am not getting remaining panel.
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

i want to disable the next button if end user give blank information is it possible
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Only a Custom Code panel will allow the desired behavior. In what I was offering, the user couldn't by pass your panel unless they entered a non-null value.
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

Hi,

I could not able to check result variables with NULL value for "Get user input-simple" panel and choose file panel.show message dialog box is appearing only for "Get user input-Advanced" panel only.could you please help me to how to check result variable for "Get user input-simple"
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Is it possible for you to post your project?
0 Kudos
Masudkhan
Level 5

1) You may add a Display Message Panel (To show the error)
2) Add a rule to the panel Compare InstallAnywhere variable
($USER_INPUT_RESULTS$ equals $NULL$ ) where $USER_INPUT_RESULTS$ is Results Variable of the corresponding field that you want to validate
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

hi i have worked used show message panel for that,and its working fine but I could not able to check result variables with NULL value for "Get user input-simple" panel and choose file panel.show message dialog box is appearing only for "Get user input-Advanced" panel only.could you please help me to how to check result variable for "Get user input-simple"
0 Kudos
Masudkhan
Level 5

If it is working for "Get user input-Advanced", then it should work for "Get user input-simple" as well. I can not say what is wrong without going thru your project.
Anyways since "Get user input-Advanced" is working for you, why don't you use the same?
Why you want to use "Get user input-Simple"?
You can achieve the same functionality with "Get user input-Advanced" as well.
So my suggestion is instead of debugging what is wrong with "Get user input-Simple", just go ahead and use what is working for you i.e "Get user input-Advanced".
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

i did like that only .but i need to check the result variable to file choose panel.
0 Kudos