cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raja_tiwari
Level 3

IA with SQL

Hi everyone,
I am using IA with MySQL inbuilt feature.
In that there's field for port number.
I want to ask it to the user so i want to put a variable there, like $PORT_NO$
.But the problem is that it doesnt take any non numeric value.
So i am unable to enter value $PORT_NO$ into it.
Any help will be apreciated.
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
eddie3721
Level 3

raja_tiwari wrote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks.

I had a similar issue that I can't use variable for ports. I ended up using the generic JDBC connect with specific jdbc connection url/strings. All you have to do is substitue the values with variables in the jdbc url string. I belive the one for mySql is jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mysqldb

e.g. for oracle
jdbc:oracle:thin:@$DB_ORACLE_HOSTNAME$:$DB_ORACLE_PORT$:$DB_ORACLE_DBNAME$

make sure you check the "custom driver setting", enter the driver class info and include the jar files.
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

The problem is that we can not ship the oracle jars.
So we can not specify oracle jar in custom driver settings option... bcoz then IA bundles that jar with the installer.
we are asking the user to download the oracle jar and give the path location to that oracle jar.
how can we use this jar (downloaded by user) to be used in the custom driver setting ..?
bcoz custom driver settings does not allow to give some path it requires that jar to be on your machine.

any help on this?
0 Kudos
quenio
Level 3

raja_tiwari wrote:
Hi everyone,
Thanks.

Hello Raja,

This issue has been reported by other customers as well and the fix will be available in the InstallAnywhere 2009 Service Pack 1, which will be released some time in Q2.

Regards,
Quenio
0 Kudos
mattd123
Level 3

qqqqqq wrote:
The problem is that we can not ship the oracle jars.
So we can not specify oracle jar in custom driver settings option... bcoz then IA bundles that jar with the installer.
we are asking the user to download the oracle jar and give the path location to that oracle jar.
how can we use this jar (downloaded by user) to be used in the custom driver setting ..?
bcoz custom driver settings does not allow to give some path it requires that jar to be on your machine.

any help on this?

Any idea whether this issue can be fixed? I can't ship with the MySQL jars and I want it to use the one the user specified, but I can't seem to figure out how.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK the IA 2009 SP 1 has already been released.
0 Kudos
mattd123
Level 3

I'm using IA 2009 SP 1. It doesn't fix the problem I've described where you want to use the MySQL JDBC driver from the user (instead of one packaged with your installer).
0 Kudos