cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeonFranzen
Level 3

Headless install with a build-only license

I just submitted a support issue on this, but I'm submitting it here in case I can get a quicker/better response.

> We are using VMWare build slaves in a continuous integration environment to build installer projects with the IA ant-task. I have a few build-only licenses but I can't find documentation on how to set them up on a headless machine. I'd rather not use Xvfb. Is this information available somewhere?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I never knew that there were build only licenses... I guess that they're only a fraction from the regular license, right?
0 Kudos
LeonFranzen
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
I never knew that there were build only licenses... I guess that they're only a fraction from the regular license, right?

Well, it's called a "InstallAnywhere 2009 Enterprise Edition Build License" on the invoice. They're node locked and I assume they don't support running the IDE. They are considerably cheaper than a concurrent license.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, the only way I knew to register IA was via the GUI. If you try and export your display to an X server, can't you just launch the Advanced Designer and register it?
0 Kudos
LeonFranzen
Level 3

I think I'll try that. I was assuming that it would automatically revert to console mode like the IA installer itself or maybe it just required a license file to be placed somewhere. I couldn't find any documentation regarding that license type so maybe they just assume you'll use the GUI.
0 Kudos
LeonFranzen
Level 3

So, I used the GUI installer to install. But I used the custom install option and only installed the command line build tool. I was never prompted to register and the "build" executable doesn't specify how to do this. Do I need to do a full install and register through the GUI? If so, why is there a custom install option that leaves the InstallAnywhere executable out?
0 Kudos
eddie3721
Level 3

were you able to get this resolve?
0 Kudos
ivenkata
Level 6

Navigate to the Location where IA is installed (ie. $IA_HOME$) and register the IDE with the following command

Windows: build.exe –register xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx (registration number)

Unix: ./build –register xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx (registration number)

Mac: cd build.app and ./build.command -register xxxxx

0 Kudos