cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GatorBadMan
Level 4

Deploy WAR/EAR question

I am evaulating IA 2009 and have already open incidents for the following...but no reply yet. I thought I will post my questions here to see if other evaluators have the same problems:

1. I am looking for a Tomcat 5.5.4 or the later version merge module. Where can I find one? Do I have to create one myself?
2. I am also looking to add WAR/EAR file deployment action to my install, but I don't find that action in the list at all!!! Is there something I am doing wrong?

Can somebody please help?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
qqqqqq
Level 7

I just copy the war to the appropriate tomcat folder.
that's what u mean of deploying it?
0 Kudos
sturge
Level 6

First you have to go to Organization -> Hosts. There you are select Tomcat as your Application Server.

Then go to the Install tab. There you will have a Tomcat entry. Under it you can add your Deploy action. However I never got this to work and like qqqq said its easier just to copy it yourself to the webapps directory.

If you do get it working, reply back because I'm curious how it is supposed to work.

I've never seen a Tomcat merge module.
0 Kudos
GatorBadMan
Level 4

Thanks qqqqqq and Sturge!

Just copying to the tomcat's webapps folder, but in that case (depending on the version of Tomcat), I will have to stop and start the service too. I will still have this as my fall back plan.

Sturge, I did hear back from Acresso and the information was as same as you said. I did that but I am still having problems because the WAR file that gets dropped to the webapps folder is somehow turning out to be a zero byte file :eek: ...I will post again as soon as I get it working.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

sturge wrote:
First you have to go to Organization -> Hosts. There you are select Tomcat as your Application Server.

Then go to the Install tab. There you will have a Tomcat entry. Under it you can add your Deploy action. However I never got this to work and like qqqq said its easier just to copy it yourself to the webapps directory.

If you do get it working, reply back because I'm curious how it is supposed to work.

I've never seen a Tomcat merge module.

http://www.acresso.com/downloads/downloads_7558.htm

You can download from the above a couple of ready-made Tomcat merge modules... unfortunately they're based on rather old versions...
0 Kudos
mdshahul
Level 4

Hi Vlad,
If you just want to copy, you can write the cp command in a shell/bat file & execute the bat file as a last action in Installanywhere.
But first you need to get the OS,store it in a variable,execute the bat/shell file based on the OS variable.
Alternatively you can use ANT from IA as well.

Thanks
Md
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

mdshahul, please read the whole thread before answering: in this case I was merely answering another user with a suggestion. I agree that sometimes it can be easier to just copy a file and you don't even need a cp in a bat or shell you've got a builtin action for that!
0 Kudos