cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
minhkim
Level 3

Link error of "l_n36_buf" in compiling a Flex-enabled application in VS2019

Hi,

I'm compiling a Flex-enabled application in VS2019. I added all the required FlexNet libraries and Windows dependencies as follows:
(for FlexNet)
libcrvs.lib;libsb.lib;lmgr_trl.lib;activation\lib\libact.lib;libcmt.lib;libFNPload.lib;lmgr_dongle_stub.lib;libredir_std.lib;

(for Windows)
comctl32.lib;oldnames.lib;wsock32.lib;netapi32.lib;Rpcrt4.lib;oleaut32.lib;Ole32.lib;Wbemuuid.lib;wintrust.lib;crypt32.lib;Ws2_32.lib;psapi.lib;Shlwapi.lib;kernel32.lib;user32.lib;gdi32.lib;comdlg32.lib;advapi32.lib;shell32.lib;dhcpcsvc.lib;userenv.lib;libpthread.lib;legacy_stdio_wide_specifiers.lib;legacy_stdio_definitions.lib;libvcruntime.lib;Dhcpcsvc.lib;

I cannot avoid a link error of "l_n36_buf" in compiling a Flex-enabled application in VS2019. Which additional Flexnet lib file should be added more?

Cheers,

(5) Replies
Yvernekar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi, Below is a list of files that I have. Can you please check if you are missing something?

lmflex.obj

lm_new.obj

lmgr_trl.lib

libcrvs.lib

libsb.lib

activation\lib\libnoact.lib

lmgr_dongle.lib

libredir_std.lib

libcmt.lib

libvcruntime.lib

libucrt.lib

legacy_stdio_wide_specifiers.lib

legacy_stdio_definitions.lib

oldnames.lib

kernel32.lib

user32.lib

netapi32.lib

gdi32.lib

comdlg32.lib

comctl32.lib

wsock32.lib

shell32.lib

Rpcrt4.lib

oleaut32.lib

Ole32.lib

Wbemuuid.lib

wintrust.lib

crypt32.lib

Ws2_32.lib

iphlpapi.lib

Psapi.lib

advapi32.lib

Shlwapi.lib

dhcpcsvc.lib

userenv.lib

libpthread.lib

Thanks for your help! However, I'm afraid that this list doesn't work for me. Cheers.

Hi, This link error will arise when lm_new.obj is not linked. Can you please check on this?

Ref link: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Including-lm-new-obj-in-the-Link-Line/ta-p/3121

I don't have any file, named lm_new.obj, when I downloaded the FlexNet file. Where could I get it? Linking obj, rather than lib, looks weird to me, though.

Please raise a support case so that we can understand the issue better and solve it.

How to link: https://community.flexera.com/t5/Community-How-Tos/How-to-Open-a-Case-with-Support/ta-p/96038