cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmadJaber
Level 2

Large log file + Debug log Automatic rollover

Hi,

I have a question regarding Debug log Automatic rollover.

I have a very large log file and I have added it to my option file I created as shown below.

NOLOG IN
NOLOG OUT
NOLOG DENIED
NOLOG QUEUED
NOLOG UNSUPPORTED
DEBUGLOG +debug.log AUTO_ROLLOVER 5KB

The issue is the the log file has never rolled over (tested at midnight). So I wonder if I should put the vendor daemon name. The last line will be as below:

DEBUGLOG +SIEMBT.log AUTO_ROLLOVER 5KB

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Yvernekar
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi,

Once you run the server with the "DEBUGLOG +debug.log AUTO_ROLLOVER 5KB" line in your OPT file do you see a Log file named "debug.log" being created in the folder? 

Also, does the lmgrd window log something like "DEBUGLOG AUTO_ROLLOVER is enabled with rollover size of 5120 bytes" ?

Can you please check and update me? 

0 Kudos

Yes, I see in the window log that "DEBUGLOG AUTO_ROLLOVER is enabled with rollover size of 5120 bytes" as shown in the below picture. But there is no logfile named debug.log created in the logs folder.

0 Kudos

Since you have just mentioned the log file name and not the file along with the path. The log file will be created where the VD and LMGRD exe are present. 

If you are still not able to debug it. Please raise a support ticket for me to have a look at it and assist you in a better way.

How to link: https://community.flexera.com/t5/Community-How-Tos/How-to-Open-a-Case-with-Support/ta-p/96038

0 Kudos