Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClemensAugustT
Level 3

FLEXNET License check

Jump to solution

Dear all,

we are using FLEXNET 11.13.1.2 for licencing. A client is using floating licenses. A license works, if the IP Range is specified at HOSTID=INTERNET=*.*.*.* .In this case the client 10.0.102.96 is able to checkout the license.

If I put the IP Range HOSTID=INTERNET=10.0.*.*, the client using the IP address 10.0.102.96 is not able to check the license out. I checked the IP address using lmutil lmhostid INTERNET and 10.0.102.96 is returned. 

Any idea, what may go wrong ? Do you check something else, like IP Addresses of intermediate nodes or perform special things if NAT translation is used on the way from client to license server ?

Best Regards

Clemens

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @ClemensAugustT Can you please check License Administration Guide under -FNP_IP_ENV - where this explains "This client-side environment variable determines how the client's IP address is presented to the server."

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ClemensAugustT can you post the error? I tried with the latest version of FNP and was not able to re-create this issue and the version you are using is very old so if possible can you test with supported version and if you still find the problem then please open a support case. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear mrathinam, thanks for your answer. My question was: Do you check something else, like IP Addresses of intermediate nodes or perform special things if NAT translation is used on the way from client to license server ?

It would be nice, if you could provide some information on this or send a link to a relevant section of the documentation.

Best Regards

Clemens

P.S.: We use an old version of FNP, because many of our clients still using old versions of lmgrd (Never change a running system.)

Hi @ClemensAugustT Can you please check License Administration Guide under -FNP_IP_ENV - where this explains "This client-side environment variable determines how the client's IP address is presented to the server."

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Dear mrathinam, thanks for your answer. This seams to be the correct way to go. Unfortunately it does not work for 11.13.1.2. I will try now 11.16.4.

Best Regards

Clemens