Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Question about Line Items Expiration date and Maintenance Line Items

Jump to solution

Hi,

Q1.

I created an entitlement and purposely set the Expiration date on the line item to two days back to 11/23/2020. This is the same day as the start date. I was expecting that I would not be able to get back the manifest files using this entitlement. Is there something that I am not understanding? Screen shot attached for line item.

Q2.

Can I use multiple Maintenance Line items so that when one expires, a new Maintenance Line Item manually added will push the expiration date forward? Does the line item need to not expire? This would be to maintain history. Not sure that management wants this. Just would like to discuss the possibility of using it.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

I can see the files from my latest update still using the Web API even though the effective date of both from and to packages is Nov 24,2020

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(7) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

So if I understand correctly in your example you are entitled for one day on 11/23.  If your Update Download package associated with your Entitled Product is active on 11/23, meaning this date lies on/between the effective/expiration dates for the download package then you should get the Update.

With respect to your second question, you can link multiple Maintenance items to a single entitlement line item.  This is a typical Maintenance renewal use case.  The customer renews maintenance and the history is visible in the Producer/Customer Portals.

Maintenance_Renewal.jpg

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

With regard to the first question, I did not think that the upgrade would be available today on Nov 25. Only on Nov 23. It is available today.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

With Software Delivery (via the Download Portal or through programmatic Updates) you will always have access to software to which you were entitled at any point in time.  So, if I was entitled to Product A containing Download Package V2 in 2019 and my Entitlement for that Product expired 12/31/2019 I will still have access to Download Package V2 today in 2020.  What I won't have access to are any Download Packages associated with Product A that have effective dates after 12/31/2019 (when my entitlement expired).   Think of it as the Software Producer shipped you a DVD with an Update when you were actively entitled.  When your entitlement expires they don't take the DVD back, they just stop sending you future updates.    

- Jim

Hi Jim,

Thank you for making this clearer. However the effective dates of both the "from" and "to" packages of my latest update  is November 24. I can see these files.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos

I can see the files from my latest update still using the Web API even though the effective date of both from and to packages is Nov 24,2020

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

This should not be happening, can you provide your REST Update Request Body?  Is there any chance you are getting a Download Package from a different Update?  As a quick test you can inactivate all other Updates.

Thx,

Jim

Jim,

Sorry!!! My mistake. I used an earlier updatepackagefrom dated Nov 10, which should provide an update response and does.

When I changed the updatepackagefrom to the one dated Nov 25, I got an error response as you said I would.

Hope I didn't worry you!

Thanks much,

Ken

0 Kudos