Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Issue with Update with account entitlement check

Jump to solution

Hi,
I have used Postman scripts provided by Jim B. to successfully register a device and poll to see the success. However I am unable to see the update items in the response by
polling. The response is 200, but there is no data. We are using entitlements for the first time.

My user account registered the device using my particular identityName and publisher name with a unique device id and the activation id.

An update had been created in the portal, which has an account entitlement check, similar to the example for the print shop in the user's guide. It has an associated entitlement and
activation id associated with an end user account.

I don't understand if providing the activation id with my producer user account should work or if the end user account must be used to make the web service calls. If so I do not know how to grant it Web Service permissions and can not find its
identity name and publisher name. I'm not convinced that using my portal account  is incorrect. I just don't know how to proceed.

The response to the Update Response using polling id is attached

Please advise.

Thank you,
Ken

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

The registration REST API uses the specified activation ID to associate the named device with the End Customer Account.  You don't need to worry about your Producer user account and web services permissions as they don't come into play.  

To verify it is not an entitlement related error, have you tried disabling the Account level entitlement check on the update (set it to None).  

Thx,

Jim

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

The registration REST API uses the specified activation ID to associate the named device with the End Customer Account.  You don't need to worry about your Producer user account and web services permissions as they don't come into play.  

To verify it is not an entitlement related error, have you tried disabling the Account level entitlement check on the update (set it to None).  

Thx,

Jim